Booking Terms and Conditions
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Sierra Escape and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
“Guests” means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• Cameron D’Arcy Pty Ltd, and the owners of the property (D’Arcy Property Group Pty Ltd) accept no responsibility from all claims or causes of action you or any guests may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by the guests including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (in so far as this does not breach the provisions of the relevant Australian Consumer Law) arising either directly or indirectly out of your stay at the property.
• ADVERSE WEATHER: Sierra Escape, Cameron D’Arcy Pty or D’Arcy Property Group do not accept any responsibility for any affect on your stay due to adverse weather conditions (wind, rain, storms etc). Due to the location of the site, from time to time Sierra Escape can experience periods of high winds – while we have done everything we can to make the experience comfortable in all weather conditions, this is completely out of our control. Our structures are engineered to withstand cyclonic wind speeds (far beyond speeds ever experienced in our region) and cozying up inside your tent during adverse weather is all part of the adventure. We do not offer refunds in lieu of being able to experience the outdoor firepits or bathtubs due to adverse weather or unsuitable conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in/out times vary depending on the tent you have booked. This will be advised to you before your stay.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges will apply.
• Upon full receipt of funds – a pin number to the key lock box will be issued to you approximately 7 days before your stay, once online check-in is completed.
4. GETTING TO/FROM SIERRA
• In order to get to the property, you will need to travel down approximately 6.5kms of council maintained dirt/gravel road. The road is 2WD accessible however caution needs to be maintained while driving this road. The conditions of this road can vary depending on weather and most 2WD vehicles have no issues at all in all weather conditions. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage to vehicles, or if you do not wish to drive your vehicle on the dirt road, you will be responsible for any additional transport costs as a result. If there are any concerns around this then please feel free to get in touch. Please watch out for animals and wildlife and drive to the conditions.
• The speed limit on our property is 20km/h, please respect this to minimise dust disturbance, for your own safety and the safety of other guests and for the integrity of the road.
• Please stick to the dirt/gravel roads, please DO NOT drive into the paddocks. This will only cause damage to your vehicle and to our paddocks.
• A deposit of 25% of the total booking costs, must be received at the time the Booking is made. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 30 days prior to your arrival.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking may be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
• A $250 credit card authorization will be held prior to your arrival, and released 3 days after checkout minus any damages and applicable additional charges. You will be automatically prompted to do this 7 days before your stay via our online check-in process.
6. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on 0438 945 197 or 0403 923 063
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
• Any money paid is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation or variation within 40 days of your stay
• Variations of bookings will be at managements discretion.
• Variations of bookings within 30 days of arrival will be treated as a cancellation.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking more than 40 days before the first night you will be refunded minus 25%
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your payment method at time of Booking.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• An administration charge of $100 will be charged for any variation of your booking.
• We have a minimum nights stay policy depending on the dates. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against your credit card provided for online check-in. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements or extra guests beyond those declared.
• If the property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
9. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• No parties or functions are allowed on the property.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
10. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure.
• No pets are not allowed at the Property. If it is found that animals and/or pets have entered the premises the tenancy will be terminated and you will be fined $250 and liable for any additional cleaning and damage costs (including damage to the stock).
• We do NOT permit any kind of motorsports on the property, both due to disturbance to other guests, and due to insurance. This includes but is not limited to Motor bikes, Dirt Bikes & ATVs. Any breach of this policy will lead to immediate eviction and complete loss of money paid, and you will be liable for any other damages to the property or expenses incurred in respect to guest disturbance.
13. ADULTS ONLY
• Due to the nature of the property and to ensure that you and our other guests can fully relax and indulge, Sierra Escape is strictly Adults only – and children are not permitted on the property.
14. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• Sierra is powered by off-grid solar setups, so as a result we only allow low voltage appliances (Phones, Laptops, Cameras etc) to be plugged in to the tent. High voltage appliances will cause extensive damage to our system and is very expensive to rectify. These include, but are not limited to Hair Dryers, Straighteners, Heaters, Coffee Machines, Toasters, Kettles, Electric Blankets. If you have a medical device that requires power please get in touch and we will investigate if our tents can support it.
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition. If the BBQ has been utilized please ensure it is thoroughly cleaned using the products provided.If it is left in an untidy manor a $50 cleaning fee will be charged.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows to be zipped closed and doors are to be locked.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys.
• Smoking is not permitted in the Property or within 5 meters of the outside of the building.
• Cars are to be parked on the nominated parking bay and not on the grass.
• The outdoor firepits are not to be used from December 1st to March 1st due to high fire danger or on any fire ban days. Please note that these dates may vary with the local conditions. Fire supplies (Firelighters, Wood etc) for the indoor fires are only supplied from March – September.
• No hunting or fishing is permitted on the property at any time.
15. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
16. EXPERIENCES BOOKED THROUGH SIERRA
• Sierra Escape, Cameron D’Arcy Pty Ltd and D’Arcy Property Group Pty Ltd accept no liability and responsibility for activities and experiences sold on behalf of 3rd party suppliers.
• By booking an experience through Sierra Escape – you consent for us to supply the supplier your contact details provided during the booking process. Please note that we do not supply anyone your credit card information – this is stored securely in an encrypted vault by our merchant facilities.